Cloud-hosted VoIP phone service allows you to make calls using just an Internet connection. Eliminating the need for a phone line allows increased flexibility that can benefit businesses of all sizes. Here are five reasons you should consider making the switch.
1. Business ContinuityVoIP phone services give companies the advantage of supporting remote workers, allowing calls to be made and received from any location with Internet access. In today’s business world, flexibility and adaptability are key for ensuring business continuity and avoiding downtime when remote work is required.
2. ScalabilityTraditional communication infrastructure requires money, space and hardware to promote long term growth. These requirements can hinder scalability, as resources may be in short supply—specifically for newer organizations. But, because VoIP phone services run on software rather than hardware, it’s easier to increase the size of your team or even open a new branch, when the time comes.
3. Cost SavingsTo implement and maintain a traditional landline, businesses must invest in phones and hardware. Along with these upfront costs, increasing users and phone lines require additional resources. Plus, long-distance calls and on-going usage fees can really add up. Because VoIP phone services rely solely on an Internet connection, they can help eliminate extra charges for additional cost savings.
4. Low MaintenanceAs long as you have a high-speed internet connection, you are ready to use a VoIP. With no complex equipment, VoIP phone services require very little maintenance and technical know-how to install and operate. No need for a technician when it comes time to add new users or change system configurations. In fact, VoIP phone services rarely require professional support.
5. Versatility of FeaturesIn addition to voice services, VoIP gives you access to features not offered by traditional landlines. And, due to the flexible nature of VoIP phone services, custom applications can be implemented based on the unique needs of your business. For example, you can set up a “virtual receptionist” to automatically answer and direct calls. Or, you can enable user to receive faxes as email attachments, eliminating the need for a separate fax line. VoIP is extremely versatile, offering advanced features to help improve business communications throughout the organization.
Comporium VoIP SolutionsComporium offers a wide range of solutions for small, medium, and large businesses—From Cloud VoIP Services to Smart Business Security, Fiber Optic Internet Services to Digital Signage. Our team will help you choose which service or combination of services best addresses your unique challenges. And, we’ll walk you through a carefully thought-out plan of action, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
To learn more and or speak to a sales representative, visit www.business.comporium.com or call (888) 740-5307 and schedule an appointment.