Cell phones have become essential to both employees and employers. Gone are the days of the ‘emergency-only’ cell phone. Anyone from your mother-in-law, to your customers, to the dog groomer can call you anytime!
Now, imagine you’re in the middle of a big presentation, or at your daughter’s ballet recital, on vacation with your family, or in bed sleeping.
Enter Comporium hosted VoIP service.
Being connected is wonderful; being connected all the time can get overwhelming. With your hosted VoIP service, you can have a single number that keeps you connected, while keeping your cell phone number- and your time off - to yourself.
Using traditional call forwarding, even though you can use the ‘one number’ principle, there are still drawbacks, including:
- Unanswered calls are routed to your cell phone’s voice mail;
- Inability to tell if a caller is dialing your office number or your cell number;
- All or nothing solution- it’s either on or it’s off.
With hosted VoIP, your call routing can be tailored to your specific circumstances; for example:
- Unanswered calls can be routed to your VoIP voice mail (sent to e-mail if necessary).
- You will be alerted if a caller dialed your office number. This allows you to decide at that moment if you want to answer the call or not.
- You can limit the calls that are forwarded to your cell phone. If you’re on vacation, you may want your personal calls to forward to your cell phone, but your customers’ calls to go to voice mail or to another employee.
You can limit the times of day and/or days of the week when your calls are forwarded.
These are just a few of the advantages that come with making full use of the VoIP platform. If you have any questions, or if you would like more information about the features mentioned, please contact your account representative, or Comporium’s VoIP Provisioning Group, at 855-217-9238.