Today’s businesses are vulnerable to a range of security threats—and not just within the digital space. Taking measures to protect the premises is just as important as investing in cybersecurity. One of the easiest and most efficient ways to maintain a safe work environment is through access control.
Access control solutions manage and monitor entry into specific buildings or areas within the building. These modern systems utilize electronic credentials or biometric recognition to grant or deny access. Depending on the system, authorized individuals may use key-fobs, ID badges, mobile devices, facial recognition, fingerprints, PIN numbers, or a host of emerging technologies to gain access.
Here are the top 5 reasons to invest in an access control solution for your business.
1. Employee SafetyFirst and foremost, you want your employees to feel safe coming to work each day. Access control prevents unauthorized individuals from entering the building, giving you and the rest of the team peace of mind. And, in the event of an emergency, access control systems can even make a lock-down scenario easier to handle by restricting movement throughout the building.
2. Reporting PurposesAccess control systems keep track of every person who walks in and out of the building. In the case of an intruder or suspicious activity, having a data log helps identify and resolve the issue. Access control can also be used to ensure timecard accuracy or employee tardiness if applicable.
3. Customizable SchedulingWhen a building relies on a traditional lock for security, business hours must be relatively stringent. But with access control, employees are free to come and go as they please, boosting productivity and allowing for more flexible scheduling.
4. Eliminates Key DuplicationWhen an employee loses a traditional key, they’re given a duplicate, which compromises the security of the premises. Anyone who stumbles upon the lost key will have unauthorized access to the building. Access control systems make it easy to deactivate lost key-fobs or ID badges and replace them with new ones. Not to mention, key replacement costs can add up quickly, whereas badge activation is inexpensive and hassle-free.
5. Remote AccessAccess control systems offer remote capabilities, allowing authorized personnel to open the door from anywhere, at any time. Remote access is convenient for letting contractors or outside vendors into the building, while still maintaining a secure environment.
Comporium Access Control SolutionsIf you’re looking to protect your business with an access control system, Comporium can help. We provide security solutions for small, medium and large organizations, helping to keep your team and business safe. With a customized security system, we can address your unique business needs. To learn more, visit www.business.comporium.com or call (888) 740-5307 and schedule an appointment.